I have an insurance company home office that is looking to hire a new Director of Product Management. If you are qualified and interested, please shoot me an email at sjm[at]indexedrockstar.com.
Reporting to the AVP,Product Management, this position is responsible for supporting the implementation and ongoing management of [insurance company name withheld] index annuity product line, with emphasis on distributor support. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the timely and cost-effective implementation of product, non-product, and agency related technology initiatives supported through the Product Management team. This position will prepare product submissions and announcements and work closely with Strategic Accounts and key distributor home office contacts to ensure timely review, approval and implementation of new product initiatives. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining the highest level of product knowledge. In addition, this position monitors and analyzes the competitive and regulatory environments and supports the creation of product related material to support the company’s sales force.
• Responsible for supporting annuity product and related initiatives specifically
designed to be distributed through independent marketing organizations, general
agencies and/or related organizations.
• Manages the creation of project documentation related to new product or technology initiatives supporting the product line and related distributors (preliminary project plans, presentations, business requirements)
• Works with sales, account management, and the marketing teams to develop sales
and marketing strategies to support the sales effort
• Manages agency and sales force communications related to new product initiatives
- including the development of letters, agency product change submissions and
works with the company’s account management team to ensure that all firms are
ready to launch product initiatives on time
• Assists in the development and delivery of new product training to the sales force
and other audiences as needed
• Oversees surveys and other research activities to support distribution of products
• Establishment of team meetings that include thoughtful preparation of meeting
agendas, chairing of meetings, identification of follow-up items, contributing to timely and thorough documentation and distribution of meeting minutes, as well as after meeting follow-up.
• Supports the teams effort to develop new product ideas and maintains a strong
knowledge of the competitive landscape
• Manage effective contacts throughout the insurance and related industries
• Review and sign-off of marketing materials, contract forms, and other support
documents for each initiative
• Other tasks as necessary to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective support and
implementation of new initiatives or other projects supporting the sales and/or
distribution of the company’s products.
• 5-10 years of product management, product development, distributor back/home
office support, marketing or sales experience in the financial services industry
• BA/BS in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts
• Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
• Proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an
• Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation)
• Impeccable organization and follow-up skills
• Annuity (variable, indexed, fixed) experience (preferably in a service, distributor/agency, sales, or marketing capacity)
• Annuity Industry knowledge (understand service, sales, distribution, and regulatory matters)
• Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across
• Proven track record in completing assigned tasks and projects
• Strong understanding of IMO/BGA and life insurance agency marketing
organizations and sales practices.
• Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
• Results rather than task orientation
• Ability to design presentations for new product initiatives and effectively deliver
presentations to management and sales team
• Demonstrated success in effective management of internal/external relationships,
direct reports and financial resources
• Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of new initiatives and
• Ability to quickly assess strengths/weaknesses and address potential issues